Friday 18 September 2009

A Lovely Week Off Beckons!...

Well, here we are, at the end of the "business" part of cycle 4 - just about to head in to my week off from hospital visits. Think I might be starting to get some side effects in my legs and feet, though - I ache from the knees down and my feet just don't feel right. Not numb or painful, exactly, but not right. I'll keep an eye on it and let the hospital know in advance of starting cycle 5.
It was the first anniversary of Mark's death last Saturday, which we thought warranted a day out in his memory. We went to the first Harvest at Jimmy's - a music and food festival at Jimmy's Farm, near Ipswich (you know, the geezer off the telly; Jamie Oliver's mate). It was a really good event - lots of good music, lots of good food and friggin' hot! East Anglia has been very good to me this summer! I think it was a great way to remember the anniversary - we wanted to do something that he would have enjoyed and he definitely would have enjoyed it. We didn't stay till the bitter end, so missed the headliners (Athlete), but we were all so shagged out, that we didn't care. Saw Badly Drawn Boy, anyway - he was the one I really wanted to see. And look out for Wallis Bird - an Irish singer, who was really good. She did the cover of "Just Can't Get Enough" that was used in the ad for The Sun earlier in the year (the one where the paper just keeps on unfolding and getting bigger - God forbid!). Far better than the shower of shite from The Saturdays. She's on YouTube - well worth a look/listen.
Obviously, it's been a rather emotional week, so soz if this post is a bit humourless, but tough shit - hope to be back to my usual stupid/abusive self soon.
With love and tingly toes,
Amanda xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment