Thursday 5 November 2009

Morrissey, mucus and mini-transplants...

Hi All,
Had a fabby half term - didn't really do much, but sometimes that's the best way. Had my sis and niece to stay for most of the week - a lovely time was had by all. Went to see "Up"; really good film, def up to Pixar's usual standards. The short film that went with it was brill too - I sometimes enjoy those as much as the main film. Well worth seeing. And finally got to see Morrissey! My lovely friends Mary and Mike had bought me a ticket for my 40th - Mike and I were going to go together (Mary's tastes run more to the Phil Collins side of life - bless, I suppose someone's gotta like it). We were supposed to go in May, but it was cancelled cos he was ill, then it was on the news a couple of days before we were due to go that he'd collapsed on stage in Swindon (or somewhere equally grim). Bugger! But he resumed the tour on the night we were supposed to go, so went we did! And it was bloody brilliant! Did loads of old Smiths stuff, as well as new - don't mind admitting "How Soon Is Now" brought a tear to my eye! Top banana! Ended the half term with a raging cold, unfortunately, which has now turned into a minor chest infection -lovely! I felt like shit on Sunday/Monday - I'm slowly improving, but it's really knocked me for six. Hope to be back to work next week.

Went to the Marsden yesterday, for another meeting with Mark Ethell, the transplant guy. They're talking about an admission date of around 13th Jan. Gulp! They're proposing a mini transplant, with immuno-suppressive drugs and low-dose total body irradiation as a conditioning treatment - which means no chemo! That made my eyes light up, I can tell you! Obviously not looking forward to any of it, but don't really have much of an option.

I think that's all the news that's fit to print, so will close now - will post more when there's more to say.

Big love,
Axx

No comments:

Post a Comment