Wednesday 24 February 2010

O2? Oh Yeah!...

Hello Gang!
Not a huge amount to tell, really. Still feeling pretty much ok - had some backache, but the doc doesn't seem to be worried about it. Still get tired easily, but I recover from any fatigue quickly, so as long as I pace myself, I'm fine.
Went to the Marsden on Monday for my usual check-up. Doc was happy overall - I'm a bit anaemic, but not badly enough to need any treatment for it and my white cells are back within normal range, so it's just the 2 immuno-suppressant drugs that mean I'm still susceptible to infection. I'm being weaned off of one of these and should be off it completely in the next couple of weeks. They expect to be weaning me off the other after about another 8 weeks or so, depending on whether the GvHD rears it's ugly head or not. No signs of it yet! Oh, and they've agreed to take my line out next week! Hurrah! Deep, long, hot baths, here we come! No results from last week's bone marrow biopsy yet, but there should be some results back when I go for my next appt on Monday.
I asked the doc about whether it was a stupid risk to take Em to the O2 on the 7th March, from an infection point of view. She put on her serious face and said "Well, the really important issue here is....who are you going to see?!" When I told her it was Lily Allen and Dizzee Rascal, she said that, all things considered, I'd better go! Fabulous! Really looking forward to it and really didn't expect to be told that it's ok to go.
So, to sum up, it's all good, so far. Still plagued with the thoughts of "if it ain't hurting, it ain't working", but who the hell knows? Perhaps I'm just lucky - I think I'm due a break ot two (not bones, tho!) Should know more next week and I'll post again when I do.
Til then, Amanda-fans,
A xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment