Tuesday 2 March 2010

Heading for Shit Creek...and I can't find my paddle...

Hi All,
Went to the Marsden yesterday for my regular checkup. I feel ok, apart from some backache, but the news wasn't exactly great. It seems my marrow is 86% Pam's - this isn't terrible at this stage, but not as good as it could be, so they're taking me off the immuno-suppressants rather more quickly than originally planned. I'll be off one lot completely by the end of this week and the other has been reduced. The marrow was also showing more plasma cells than is strictly desirable, so I've got to go to Prof Morgan's clinic on Thursday next week to discuss maintenance/further treatment. What form this will take, God knows. Really pissed off - surely I'm due a fucking break?! At this rate, I'll be chugging back the Revlimid at The Last Chance Saloon before the summer comes. I just want to see Emily through her school years and the chance of that seems increasingly unlikely.
Fuck it all - I'll try not to think about it til I have to next week.
Will post again next week when I've got more news.
Love,
A xxx

3 comments:

  1. It's bugger all use to you, but I'm pissed off with the myeloma on your behalf. You and Emily both deserve a lucky break. All you can do is keep fighting. (I'm sending a virtual army to back you up.)
    Lorna x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amanda,
    where there is a will there is a way, and you have the reason and the will, so look forwards to victory with the army of backers that are rooting for you.
    Mike xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amanda
    Thinking about you. Hope it goes well today.
    Lorna x

    ReplyDelete