Thursday 18 March 2010

...and there's more shit...

Hi All,
Still going a bit pear-shaped here, I'm afraid. Poorly tum is no better and the pain in my side got to epic proportions by Tuesday, so I made an appt at my GPs. She said she thought it was a urine/kidney infection and gave me some antibiotics and horse-tranquiliser painkillers. So far, so groovy. However, I went to the Marsden yesterday and the doc there wanted to do some more investigation, so I ended up having an ultrasound and a CT scan of my kidney. They've found a "mass", which could be infection, but, reading between the lines, I think is myeloma. Fuck, fuck, fuck. Gotta have a biopsy - they should call me today with an appt for that.
Can't quite believe this is happening...
Will update when there's more news.
A xxx

2 comments:

  1. They should make those lines closer together. Here's to it being an infection - that's not something I thought I'd ever say but I suppose that's myelomaland. Warm wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, no, no. It has to be an infection because you've used up all your share of bad luck and it's not right to steal anyone else's. Enjoy those horse-tranquilisers (I once had Tramadol and enjoyed them immensely!)Loads and loads of love.

    ReplyDelete