Sunday 21 March 2010

Quick update...

Hi all,
Going into the Marsden today to have the biopsy tomorrow - it seems I can get it done more quickly as an inpatient. Hope to be home Tues am (or even Mon eve, with a bit of luck and a following wind). Results will take 2-3 weeks. Can't have sedation, cos it seems I'll need to follow various instructions, such as holding my breath. Can't wait. The MM CNS has offered to come with me and let me break her fingers, tho. Bless! Will be turning the air blue, I'm sure.

The consultants seem to think that it'll be infection (doubt it - had no temperature and urine tests have been clear), a MM deposit (I expect this is the most likely) or sometimes one can get all sorts of weird lumps and bumps after an allo (sounds like straw-clutching to me).

I've been put on a combination of co-codamol and tramadol for pain relief (v. effective) and given thalidomide and a 4-day course of dex (no sleep til they're over with!). Depending on the results, they may want to do some radiotherapy. They've also changed my antibiotic for the C. Diff - seems to be drying up, but that could be the painkillers and thalidomide having that effect.

Will post again soon - gonna be in a different ward, so I don't know if I'll have internet access.

With love,
A xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment