Wednesday 19 August 2009

Decisions, decisions!

Hiya All,
Well, we had a blinding week in Norfolk - fab time had by all. Definitely want to go back, maybe next summer.
More importantly, had my meeting with the Transplant Dude at the Marsden today - Pam (henceforth known as my Stem Cell Bitch) came with me. Didn't learn much that I didn't already know, but good to get some stuff I was unsure about confirmed. Did find out some new stuff, mainly about timing and what the Marsden team feel the next step should be. They are of the opinion that the allo is the way to go, but were at pains to point out that there are other options, such as Revlimid. As for the timing, from a purely medical point of view, then it's probably best to press on asap, but they did understand that I might feel the need for a bit of a break. What's more, even if we press straight on, and I only have 4 cycles of the Velcade, then I'm unlikely to be admitted before late Oct/early Nov, which could result in the possibility of only being out of hospital for a couple of weeks before Xmas. Not great for Em, so my gut feeling is to put it off til the New Year. Gotta think about the scary mortality rates, too. Ho hum! More stuff to think about - again! Not gonna make any decisions just yet - going to Menorca for a week soon, so will prob decide soon after that.
As for how the current treatment is going, still feeling pretty ok - dex is still doing it's thing (ballooning fizzog, not to mention the waistline - tho that could have something to do with eating like a bastard in Norfolk - and no sleep til... well, just no sleep, really!). Off for the next dose 2moro, so will ask what the light chains were from Monday's bloods - hopefully still dropping steadily - will let you all know when I do.
Bit knackered now, so off up the wooden hill to Bedfordshire - soz for the fairly serious/boring post, but I've got cancer, so fuck off if I'm not always entertaining!
Love you all, really!
Post soon,
A xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment