Sunday 2 August 2009

All Puffed Up and No Place To Go...

Well, here we are in the middle of the business end of Cycle 2 and it's been a bit of a funny old day. The bloody dex has really been doing it's thing - my face is starting to puff up nicely, my taste buds are disintegrating and I've had no more than 3-4 hours sleep per night this week, which is simply not enough! So, last night, I took drastic action and abused some painkillers. Two tramadol later and I managed about 6 hours sleep. Paid for it in spades, tho - have spent the day feeling ever so slightly numb all over, with a head full of cotton wool. Don't think I'll be doing that again in a hurry. I'd rather be knackered. Hoping I can sleep the remainder off tonight, since I'm schlepping back down to RSCH tomorrow for a long, fun-filled day of Velcade and consultant's appointments. Will finally find out what was found (if anything) on my last MRI. Can't say I'm expecting good news; seems to be a bit thin on the ground for me... Sorry, having a bit of a wallow...Oh, bollocks to it all! Just need a decent night's sleep, without resorting to more fucking drugs! Think I could cope with anything, if I could just get that! We live in hope...
I'll keep this short, since I don't want to get any more of a misery guts! I'll fill you all in on the MRI cobblers asap.
Love, with big fat chops,
Amanda xxx

1 comment:

  1. My head feels like its permanently full of cotton wool these days, I have no excuse tho!!!
    See you get rid of your cankles and now you've got a puffy face, definately need more retail therapy I feel!!!
    lets hope the MRI brings good news today, so no wallowing allowed!!
    LOL Nicole xx

    ReplyDelete