Tuesday 28 July 2009

And when I get that feelin', I want Dex-ual healin'...

Hello All,
Well, it's about 5.20 in the morning and I've been all Timmy Mallett since about 4ish - that's Wide Awake, not being an utter twat in a loud shirt and stupid glasses - courtesy of the lovely Dex. On the good news side, the cankles seem to have subsided - hurrah! Got my only thin bits back!
Got a good day planned. Off for a massage first thing (fabby!) then going for a trip to the cinema with Em and my friend Jane and 2 of her girls. Seeing Harry Potter - I've already seen it, as I always get my fix of Harry action as soon as poss (on the first day this time round) with my fellow Potter fan Paula, plus Em likes me to see them first, in case they're a bit scary. I seem to be raising a big girl's blouse! Bless! Wonder if I'll ever see Mark's books on the big screen? They're crying out to be animated. What's that I hear you cry? It's about time I did some shameless plugging? Oh well, if you insist! Before he died, Mark had 4 childrens' books accepted for publication. The first one came out in Jan this year and was called "The Monkey Pirates" and the second ("It's Them Monkey Pirates Again") came out at the beginning of this month. They're available on Amazon and Play.com and in most half-decent bookshops. I know I'm biased but I think they're really funny. Esp suitable for 5-10 year-olds, but older and younger kids will enjoy them too (Em's Year 7 tutor group have really loved them) and they do read aloud very well. Everyone has said how much their kids have enjoyed them - mind you, I don't suppose anyone is likely to tell me that they think my dead husband's books are shit, are they? Anyone with young kids, nieces and nephews or just random passing children - get buying! Send this poor cancerous widow woman on some more holidays!
Enough with the plugging, already! Promise I won't do that again - just a reminder when the next one comes out (which is in November, I think)
Anyway, on the whole, I'm feeling pretty good. The shouder/arm pain is definitely settling down post-radiotherapy and I'm not feeling so utterly knackered on this round, so far anyway. The Dex is doing it's thing, but that's not all bad - gives me lots of energy, sort of a high, really. Thankfully, I don't seem to get the moody/aggressive thing that lots of peeps seem to get. I just get "buzzy" - my mind is a whirl, I can't shut the fuck up and mustn't be allowed out alone with a credit card! Oh, and the sleeplessness, of course. Mind you, I think you could count on the fingers of one hand the number of 5-hours plus nights of sleep I've had since Mark was diagnosed in Nov 07. Ho hum - think that might be my sleep-patterns up the Swannee for the rest of my days! When I'm getting the Dex action, tho, I have new-found sympathy for toddlers - it's like being a over-tired 3-year old on a sugar-rush who won't (or rather can't) give in to sleep! Maybe I should start watching In the Night Garden - I hear it's Mogadon for the under 5s.
Anyhoo - I'm sure you've all had enough of my 'roid-fulled bollocks for one post, so I'll be off now
Post soon, hopefully in a continuing cankleless state, but with more sleep.
Big snogs,
Amanda xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment