Monday 13 July 2009

Episode 3 - and the Shite goes on...

Hello All,
Went to the HDU @ RSCH 2day. Just the 55 mins in the queue to park - AAAARRGH!!
Started to feel some side effects over the last few days. Began on Sat eve - started to feel really tired; sort of flu-like, achy and generally a bit bollocks. Bleedin' awful weather here in sunny (!) Sussex didn't help - drizzled all day: seemed as if November had landed in July. Still feeling bit shitty now. I suppose I've got to pace myself. Not something that comes naturally. Not that I'm the most dynamic of people, but having to think long and hard about whether to stagger across the room to get the remote or put up with Jeremy friggin Kyle doesn't sit easily with me. Perhaps some kind of holster is necessary...
Bit pissed off that I'm feeling side effects so soon into this treatment. Had done pretty well with the others, except towards the end. Maybe I'm due some more shit - not had enough lately! Maybe it's also that this is the 3rd lot of chemo in under a year. Fun (not).
Going to the Marsden 2moro. Will see if they've got anything to say about the allogeneic transplant idea that Brighton seem so keen on. Meeting my sis there (lucky donor match - have told her to be VERY careful! Those stem cells have got my name on them!), so will be lovely to see her, if nothing else. Will let you all know if anything worth telling comes up.

Til' next time, myeloma-fans!
Lotsa lurve,
Velcade Vera xxx

1 comment:

  1. Your parking when you visit hospital sounds aweful. Do you have a blue badge? you qualify if you are receiving chemo. Keep up your spirits and your blog best wishes Gill Seawars

    ReplyDelete