Tuesday 14 July 2009

Ep 4 - Moochin' on down to the Marsden

Had appt at The Marsden (Sutton) 2day. Went off to get stabbed by the nurse-vampires, to be greeted with "Hi! You look great! Must be recovering well!" Er, no, actually! Well, at least I don't look like shit! Makes it harder to play the "Cancer Card", tho - you know, "Can't do that, I've got cancer", or "Don't do that, I've got cancer". Christ, gotta get some perks out of all this wank! The novelty of free prescriptions runs out pretty bloody quickly, I can tell you!
The upshot of the meeting was that, as yet, they are in agreement with RSCH - ie; Velcade, with a view to allo afterwards. They want to have a MDB (multi-disciplinary board) meeting in the next few weeks, to review all available MRIs, x-rays, etc and I'm back there for the outcome of that in 5 weeks. Will have had 2 full cycles of Velcade by then, so hopefully will have some idea how well or not that is working/being tolerated. Still not sure how I feel about the whole allogeneic thing, really. Just seems so fucking big and scary. Don't know if they usually do the mini option or if they'd want to go for the big fuck off one. Or even if there's any studies that I might be eligible/suitable for. Questions, questions... Think I'll just focus on the Velcade for now.
Will post again towards the end of the week
Licks and kisses,
Amanda xxx

1 comment:

  1. God and there was me wondering whether to give Jack pizza or spag bol for dinner!!!(think will go for 1st option not as messy!!)
    Also thought was having pants week, but guess not in scheme of things!!!
    Always said in my school report-must try harder!!!
    Jack and I send you our love and now I have cracked this blogging larcky,( with your assistance!) can keep up with you!
    Jack also sends you a big,wet, open mouthed sloppy kiss!!xx

    ReplyDelete