Saturday 25 July 2009

Cankles - Lookin' Gooood!

Hiya All,
Had my radiotherapy on Weds - it's left me with a very achy breaky arm/shoulder, but it always makes it worse before it gets better, so hopefully it's just doing it's thing and won't be sore for too much longer. The post-radiotherapy tiredness hit me yesterday, but I rested up and feel better today. At my sis's at the mo - going to take it easy today as we're all off to a jazz night thingy (nice!) at the pub tonight and want to be on best form for that.
Did indulge in a little retail therapy after the hospital on Weds (not to mention a blow-out at Bill's - yum!) and got some lovely gladiatior sandals at Office - man, I LOVE that shop! Shouldn't be allowed to go in there, really. Better not go in when I'm on the 'roids - some people find the steroids make them moody and snappish, but I find they just make me rather garrulous (spelling?) and unable to control myself with a credit card! Naughty!
Have now got a rather lovely new side-effect - not sure what it's from, prob the 'roids - I have a fetching set of cankles. That's swollen ankles, for the uninitiated. Spent a chunk of yesterday with my feet up on a chair and they've come down quite a bit (I can get my new gladiatiors on, anyway!). Not best pleased - my ankles are the only thin bit I've got. Bummer! The only upside is that I get to gross Emily out - if you press into the swollen bits, the dent stays there. It looks really weird and she hates it - funny! Well, as I keep telling her, the only reason to have kids is to have fun winding them up. She's so lucky to have me!
Anyhoo, that's all for now - post again soon.
Buckets of slobber,
Amanda xxx

1 comment:

  1. Hello Cankles! Glad to hear you're spending well and having lovely lunches at Bill's. I thought of that place yesterday, was down Brick Lane and there was a restaurant just like it. Brought back a lovely memory of us drinking Pimms by the coast then having lunch after. Well, today I was feeling sorry for myself having to watch daytime shite TV as I've got a dicky tummy. After reading your posts I'm going to shut up moaning! Say Hi to Sis and Emily and the dog! Big kiss and hug. Take care and hope to visit you soon. Tracy xxx

    ReplyDelete