Wednesday 22 July 2009

Butter me up. baby...

Hi All,

Well, I'm half way through my "off" week (no Velcade) and starting to feel vaguely human again. The tiredness is weird - not tiredness at all really, more like a spaced out feeling, like there's a thick pane of glass between me and the rest of the world. Not altogether unpleasant, but difficult if you need to concentrate or attempt anything more intellectually challenging than an episode of Coronation Street.
Been massaging my hands and feet with cocoa butter - have read that it helps with the old peripheral neuropathy, so going for a pre-emptive strike. If nothing else, I've got the softest hands and feet in the western world and they smell of chocolate. On the down side, the dog is even fonder of licking my toes.
Off to RSCH today for a session of radiotherapy. Shoulder's a bit sore, so hope this will sort it out. Acquired a new set of tattoo dots in the planning session last Friday and wouldn't be surprised if I end up with more yet. Maybe I'll get them all joined up - they might spell out something amusing. Or at least abusive.
Going for a spot of lunch after the zapping, with Toddy (big sis - lucky non-donor one!) and might have to squeeze in dose of retail therapy too. A fix at the Next sale on Sat just didn't do it for me - needing some full-price action, baby!
Will post soon, cancer-fans!
Amanda xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment