Thursday 21 January 2010

...No, can't think of an interesting title...

Hello all,
Been a busy couple of days, well busy in a hospital kinda way! Had to move rooms after 2 days, but I didn't mind, cos this one is bigger and has a view (of sorts!). Continued with the Fludarabine, finishing on Monday. There's various other drugs, some oral, some IV, but I can't remember all the names and it's all too boring for words...
Tuesday was line insertion day - something I'd been dreading, since having one put in last year had been a rather less than pleasant experience. As it turned out, it was much less painful than the last one. Bit sore afterwards for a day or so, but on the whole a much less nasty experience. Still can't wait to get rid of it, tho! Who wants cables hanging out of their chest? My SCB came in to do her thing, too. She managed to get more than enough in one go - good girl! They'll have had a job filtering out the alcohol, tho!
Yesterday (Weds) was D-Day! Had 2 hours on the drip with Ciclosporin (immune suppressant), then off to Radiotherapy for the TBI. Much pushing and pulling into the right position, but ok really. Except for the music! They put on a CD and asked me if it was ok - I can't say I recognised either the song or the artist, but it seemed innocuous enough. Turned out to be a compilation, including all the artists (and I'm using that term VERY loosely!) I loathe! Bryan Adams, Dido and Norah Jones! Hellish!
Then it was back up to my room for 4 hours on the drip (hydration) then the cells, then another 4 hours hydration. The cells coming back were easier than the auto, since they're fresh, so no horrid smelly preservative or the weird "head rush" that goes with it.
So, they're in! No turning back now! The rest of my time here is waiting for engraftment, along with ingesting various drugs. So far, it's been easier than the Auto, but who knows what's on the cards!
Will post again in a few days.
A xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment