Friday 8 January 2010

Snow Schmow!

Hi there!
Well, this week began with a fun-filled day at RSCH, having tests on my heart and kidneys - mainly meant lots of waiting around, with bloods being taken at various intervals. Could have been a v. dull experience, but I had my mate Alison with me and she did a marvellous job of keeping me amused! Tuesday was spent at the Marsden, mainly having the radiotherapy planning done. This is quite a bizzare experience. I spent an hour lying on a sort of beanbag thingy, semi-naked, while four total strangers poked and prodded me into position. They had impenetrable conversations largely consisting of what seemed like random numbers and drew all over me with marker pens. You can't help wondering at times if they're just taking the piss, esp. when they round it off by taking photos of you. There's probably a secret NHS website or newsletter crammed with pictures of patients looking like utter spanners. I could well be their new cover girl...

What about this weather, then, eh? What a fucking nightmare! Meant an interesting journey to RSCH on Thurs for a lovely (!) bone marrow biopsy. Big thanx to J and D for being insane enough to take me there! I was supposed to go again today for the line insertion, but didn't want to push my luck by attempting the journey again, so the Marsden will put it in when I'm admitted. They'd better give me sedation first, tho. Otherwise they'll have to fucking catch me first! Now just hoping the weather relents enough next week to make the journey to hospital and for family to get here safely to look after Em. Will worry about that next week! So, weather permitting and if I have "passed" all these tests, then it's all set for next Fri - just got to have a dental check-up next Tues and that's it. Blimey - all getting a bit close for comfort now! It'd be so great to be able to skip the next couple of months - anyone got a fully-functioning time machine?

No more news for now - I'll prob post again next week before I go in.

Smell ya later,
A xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment